AVIGDOR LIEBERMAN – The Israel’s Spokesperson
Avigdor Lieberman, the current Israel’s deputy prime minister and foreign minister was born on 5 June 1958 in Kishinev, Moldova. His family migrated to Israel in 1978 when he was 20 years old. He later on served as an army in Israel Defense Force and pursues his study on International and Political Science at Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
His career in politics started in 1988, when he joined Benjamin Netanyahu in Likud Party and served as Director General of Likud’s Party from 1996 to 1997. He later on leaves Likud to form his very own party; Yisrael Beiteinu.
Avigdor Lieberman is a symbol of Israel in a form of a man. Despite the fact that his family is an immigrant from Moldova and he himself was not born in Israel, he made a harsh statement, urging the government of Israel to expel all the Arabs that resides in the land since centuries long. Arab community represent 20% of Israel total population and famously known as ’48 arab’ due to the formation of ‘illegal’ state of Israel in 1948. Just imagine, how can a man that just reside in Israel for 30 years urge the government to force out the community which has reside the country for thousands of years?
Lieberman also known for his suggestion for Israel government to continue the expanding of Zionist settlement despite of pressure that they receive from the whole world and the UN resolution to stop all the construction of the wall along west bank.
Lieberman has been described by the notable Hebrew University professor Ze'ev Sternhell as, "perhaps the most dangerous politician in the history of the state of Israel." following his outrageous immoral and inhuman statement. Some of his famous statements are:
1 "If it were up to me I would notify the Palestinian Authority tomorrow at ten in the morning we would bomb all their places of business in Ramallah, for example."..."I would not hesitate to send the Israeli army into all of Area A [the area of the West Bank ostensibly under Palestinian Authority control] for 48 hours. Destroy the foundation of all the authority's military infrastructure; all of the police buildings, the arsenals, all the posts of the security forces... not leave one stone on another. Destroy everything."
2. In 2003, following Sharon granting amnesty to 250 Palestinian prisoners, Lieberman called for mass executions, saying: " It would be better to drown these prisoners in the Dead Sea if possible, since that's the lowest point in the world."
3. In 2006, Lieberman called for the execution of Arab Knesset members who met with Hamas representatives, saying: "World War II ended with the Nurenberg trials. The heads of the Nazi regime, along with their collaborators, were executed. I hope this will be the fate of the collaborators in [the Knesset]."
4. Also in 2006, Lieberman declared explicitly that Jewish and Zionist values trump all others, saying: "The vision I would like to see here is the entrenching of the Jewish and the Zionist state...I very much favour democracy, but when there is a contradiction between democratic and Jewish values, the Jewish and Zionist values are more important."
5. In early 2009, during the Israeli "Cast Lead" incursion into Gaza, Lieberman made the historical argument that total nuclear destruction of a state is more economical than occupation, saying: "We must continue to fight Hamas just like the United States did with the Japanese in World War II. Then, too, the occupation of the country was unnecessary."
6. In April of 2009, Lieberman called for Israel to disregard past peace efforts, namely the Annapolis peace talks initiated under Bush, saying: "There is one document that obligates us - and that's not the Annapolis conference, it has no validity."
Yet, this man is currently Israel’s Deputy Prime Minister and Israel’s Foreign Minister…